15 September, 2011

Dress You Up

Antes de se converter ao Cristianismo, Aurélio Agostinho, o famoso Santo Agostinho, conheceu uma vida de excesso.
Em 370, iniciou os seus estudos de Retórica em Cartago. "I came to Carthage, where a cauldron of illicit loves leapt and boiled about me. I was not yet in love, but I was in love with love."* Aí arranjou uma companheira com quem viveu durante 13 anos e de quem teve um filho. Mais tarde referiu-se a este período como marcado por "wickedness and the carnal corruptions of my soul". 
E escreveu estas palavras maravilhosas: "I in my great worthlessness had begged You for chastity, saying: "Grant me chastity and continence, but not yet. For I was afraid that You would hear my prayer too soon, and too soon would heal me from disease of which I wanted satisfied rather than extinguished."

De luxúria também falou extensivamente Madonna, nomeadamente nesta canção, toda ela um hino aos sentidos (e aos metrossexuais):

Feel the silky touch of my caresses
They will keep you looking so brand new
Let me cover you with velvet kisses
I'll create a look that's made for you


O vídeo é qualquer coisa de genial.


*(Santo Agostinho escreveu, obviamente, em latim, mas infelizmente não encontrei tradução em português)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...