11 September, 2011

Jazz Age

Em baixo, F. Scott Fitzgerald (1890-1940), escritor e profeta da Era do Jazz, fotografado com a sua mulher Zelda, cuja doença mental inspirou este livro. Juntos cometeram excessos e loucuras e foram o símbolo de uma determinada classe, numa determinada época.
Ela dizia de si mesma: I did not have a single feeling of inferiority, or shyness, or doubt, and no moral principles.
Ele dizia dela: I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self-respect and it’s these things I’d believe in even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all that she should be… I love her and that’s the beginning and the end of it.
E escreveu também: Sometimes I don’t know whether Zelda and I are real or whether we are characters in one of my novels.
Nesta foto Zelda escolheu posar de casaco de peles e chapéu.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...